Coconut oil is often synonymous with sun, hot sand, and summer. But it really should be a part of your beauty routine throughout the entire year! Extremely rich, it has moisturising, antioxidant, and toning qualities. This incredible oil is good for your skin, hair, and even your teeth. Check out our top ten uses of coconut oil and their benefits.
The Benefits Of Using Coconut Oil
1. Toothpaste: Coconut oil can be used as a great natural toothpaste. To make your own simply mix equal parts coconut oil and bicarbonate of soda. Add a few drops of peppermint oil for flavour and you're good to go!
2. Lip care: Coconut oil is an excellent balm that will soothe your dry chapped lips. Make it even more luxurious by mixing it with beeswax and lavender essential oil. To remove flaky skin, mix coconut oil with sugar and honey and use it as a scrub.
3. Hair shampoo: You can replace your shampoo with coconut oil. Mixed with cider vinegar and it will clean and moisturise the hair.
4. Mouthwash: Coconut oil can make an excellent mouthwash. Keep the oil in your mouth for about 5 to 15 minutes to dislodge and neutralise bad bacteria and freshen your breath.
5. Deodorant: Mix coconut oil with baking soda and other essential oils, coconut oil can make a very good homemade and natural deodorant. It helps reduce any type of odour.
6. Makeup remover: Coconut is a super effective makeup remover and will also moisturise and repair your skin. Your skin will be silky soft once again!
7. Hair conditioner: To revive your tired hair, apply coconut oil to your hair after shampooing. Massage it into your scalp and leave it for about 30 minutes then rinse thoroughly.
8. Sunburn: Coconut oil is a very good balm that will help repair and relieve your skin after a sunburn. Apply as needed.
9. Skin care: Mix coconut oil with shea butter, the coconut oil will make an excellent moisturising and regenerating lotion for your skin.
10. Shaving: Replace your shaving foam with coconut oil. This will protect, hydrate, and soothe your skin when you shave.