The astrological sign of Virgo is the 6th sign of the zodiac. Its opposite sign is Pisces.
Discover our latest podcast
At first glance, the zodiac sign of Virgo may seem like perfection. Behind their attention to detail and strong analytical skills, Virgos hide imperfections like any other sign of the zodiac.
Astrology: What Are the dates and decans of the Virgo astrological sign?
In astrology, Virgo is born between August 23rd and September 22nd. This period is divided into three parts, known as decans, with the following dates:
- 1st decan: August 23 to September 3
- 2nd decan: September 4 to September 12
- 3rd decan: September 13 to September 22
Each period allows you to specify the characteristics of your sign. This is all based on the ruling planet, in this case, Mercury.
If you are born between August 23 and September 22, you have good communication skills as well as a strong mind. You have the ability to adapt to any situation or environment. You may border on superficial, but this is only to blend in and go unnoticed.
Virgos born in the 2nd decan period, September 4 to September 12, are very perfectionists. They want their lives to be balanced and hate the unexpected. Everything has to be perfect, otherwise, it's a disaster!
Astrology: What characterizes the Virgo zodiac sign?
Perfection, mastery and analysis are the hallmarks of the Virgo zodiac sign. It's easy to see why Beyoncé belongs to the sign Virgo.
In astrology, Virgo is the symbol of analysis, intelligence, organisation and logic. The astrological sign of Virgo is known for its perfectionism, its helpfulness and its unmatched sense of detail.
They are very attached to organisation and appreciate it when the rules they impose are respected. When it comes to tidying up, they are not afraid to be maniacs; for them, every object must be in its place. Their hygiene is irreproachable.
The astrological sign of Virgo is therefore a perfect sign? Think again, it is not. Virgos have the habit of hiding behind a mask in order to go unnoticed in society, which allows them to never show their stress.
Finally, the zodiac sign Virgo is known to be an outstanding critic due to its high standards and perfectionism. His or her taste for demanding things from others would take its toll, but did you know that the Virgo zodiac sign is even more critical of itself?
Astrology: What are the differences between a Virgo woman and a Virgo man?
Women whose astrological sign is Virgo are known to be conscientious, discreet, easy going and very comfortable in society.
Virgo women prefer humility above all, especially when it comes to receiving praise for their work. They prefer to do without and think of ways to make themselves useful in the future.
If their life is not organised, then it is not worthwhile in their eyes! They know how to think before they act, even if it means being consumed by worry!
What do they fear most? Being abandoned or unloved.
The Virgo man has a reputation for being demanding, he doesn't like to waste his time and he will make sure to avoid any unforeseen events so that this doesn't happen. Taking risks? He does not know and does not want to know.
The entourage of the Virgo man is very important, so much so that it could embody their Achilles heel.
Astrology: What are the positives and negatives of the Virgo zodiac sign?
For a sign like Virgo that makes its choices by preferring reason over feelings, it is not difficult to find positive points.
Virgos prefer the shadows to the limelight, some would even go so far as to point to someone else when it comes to receiving a victory. They have great management skills and are not afraid to be efficient.
With all these positive points, what is negative about the Virgo zodiac sign?
Sceptical, austere, thrifty, maniacal. This is how one can speak negatively of the zodiac sign Virgo. By way of overthinking, this sign of the zodiac can sometimes lose its way and destabilise those around it.
Astrology: What signs are compatible with Virgo?
Can the sign of Virgo find the right fit? We take a look at the zodiac signs compatible with Virgo.
- The zodiac sign Virgo and the zodiac sign Capricorn: Capricorn's determination and sense of responsibility are what can make Virgo fall in love. Together, they agree that their daily life must be scrupulously organised. They are the ideal couple to face the trials of life.
- The zodiac sign of Leo and the zodiac sign of Virgo: These two signs complement each other thanks to their common determination. Both will push each other forward by pulling each other up. Even if this duo seems perfect, Leo's narcissism can eventually annoy Virgo.
- The astrological sign of Virgo and the astrological sign of Libra: The perfect alliance! Their need for stability, balance and their pronounced taste for tranquillity mean that they have everything in common to guarantee their happiness. Together, they can create a stable universe in which everything has its place and where there are no unexpected events.
Astrology: Which signs are incompatible in love with the astrological sign of Virgo?
Like all signs, Virgo cannot get along with everyone and there are certain signs that are best avoided by those who belong to this sign:
- The zodiac sign Virgo and the zodiac sign Aries: The impulsiveness of Aries and the thinking power of Virgo do not go together at all! If you decide to build a relationship with this zodiac sign, it will not be without risks, as this relationship may require a lot of effort on your part.
- The zodiac sign Virgo and the zodiac sign Gemini: This association is likely to bring to light many disagreements between Gemini and the sign Virgo. Your relationship is likely to fall apart even if your characters can lead you to create many projects.
- The zodiac sign Virgo and the zodiac sign Scorpio: Virgo can be very attracted to the mystery of Scorpio. Virgo can be very attracted to Scorpio's mystery, but its prickliness and sarcasm can be very off-putting to Virgo. If she knows how to deal with it at first, she will gradually get tired of it.
Finally, don't forget that to ensure compatibility with another sign, you must first calculate your natal chart. Thanks to your place, date, and time of birth, you will have all the necessary details to know the percentage of compatibility with a sign.
This article has been translated from Oh!MyMag FR.