Top 15 Makeup Hacks That Will Improve Your Life
1. Save money by avoiding waste. When you can’t get any more out of your tube of foundation, cut it open and scoop out the excess into a plastic pot.
2. Make your eyes look wider by sweeping your mascara inwards towards your nose rather than upwards.
3. After applying lipstick, lay a tissue across your mouth and brush translucent powder on top. This will set the colour and make it last longer.
4. For the perfect smoky eye – draw a slanted hashtag in the corner of your eye then blend. Simple as that!
5. Mix a little peppermint or cinnamon oil into your lipgloss for a plumping effect.
6. Use a spoon to draw the perfect winged eyeliner.
7. When testing foundation colours – match them to your neck not your face! It will give you your true colour much more accurately.
8. Apply white eyeliner to your eyelid before applying shadow to intensify the colour.
9. Draw an X on your upper lip with lip liner to get the perfect Cupid’s bow!
10. Turn any eyeliner pencil into a more intense gel liner by holding it under a flame for 1 second then allowing to cool for 15 seconds.
11. Add a little contact lens solution to loosen up clumpy mascara.
12. Apply a little baby powder between coats of mascara for longer and fuller lashes.
13. Stick your mascara in your bra for a few minutes to warm it up before applying.
14. Use a baby toothbrush to exfoliate your lips. You can even make your own scrub out of sugar, honey and coconut oil.
15. Make sure your eye make-up is perfect by using tape while you’re applying it.