Everyone loves indulging in a McFlurry when grabbing a bite at McDonald's. This smooth, sweet ice cream covered with a crispy topping is perfect on a hot, summer day. Even though some McDonald's restaurants have reopened despite the lockdown, it is still very satisfying to make your own ice cream at home whenever you feel like having a treat.
Ingredients for a homemade McFlurry
- 150 g heavy cream
- 150 g mascarpone
- 50 g sweetened condensed milk
- Vanilla (packet of vanilla sugar)
The McFlurry recipe
- Nothing could be simpler than making your own McFlurry at home! Just whisk together all the ingredients, and pour into a freezer-safe container.
- Let the mixture set in the freezer for 2 hours, stirring quickly every half hour.
- After 2 hours, your ice cream will be ready. All that remains is to add a topping.
Not sure what to put on your McFlurry? The big advantage of making it at home is that you can put absolutely anything you want on it! Here are some ideas to try out:
- Peanut butter + M&M's
- Melted chocolate + Daim chocolate
- Melted chocolate + strawberries + hazelnuts
- Caramel + caramelised hazelnuts
- Caramel + pretzels
- Berry coulis + almonds
- Melted chocolate + Petit Beurre biscuits
- Strawberry coulis + blueberries
- Strawberry coulis + kiwi
- Melted chocolate + banana chips
- Caramel + Breton shortbread
- Melted Chocolate + Oreos
- Caramel + Speculoos biscuits
- Melted chocolate + pistachio chips