Based on our experience, here are several different kitchen hacks that actually work. Take a look at our gallery to learn what you can do to improve your life in the kitchen!
1. Cutting tomatoes: Slice your baby tomatoes using old plastic lids. It's super easy, quick, and it works well!
2. Preserving bananas: Stick cling film on the stem of your banana and it will keep it from ripening too quickly.
3. Chilling beverages quicker: Soak a paper towel in cold water then wrap it around your soda or beer. This will help it chill a lot quicker!
4. Sharpening knives: Sharpen your knife blade on the bottom of a coffee mug. This works like a charm!
5. Testing condition of eggs: Your eggs won't last forever so before you eat it test the condition by placing it in a glass of cold water. If it floats to the top - throw it out.
6. Slicing cake: Skip the knife! Use a piece of string to slice your cake. It's easy and you can toss it in the trash right after.
7. Opening stubborn lids: Use duct tape to help open stubborn lids. Make sure you wrap it tightly then pull away!
8. Removing strawberry seeds: Use a piece of straw to remove the stem from your strawberries. It's that simple!
9. Removing avocado skin: Use the side of a cup to help remove the avocado from the skin. You can use this method with mangos or kiwi and it works very well!
10. Removing egg yolk: Use an empty plastic bottle to suck the egg yolk out. Egg whites are much healthier to eat anyway!
11. Stopping boiling water spills: Place a wooden spoon on top of your pot to keep it from boiling over! It's like magic right?
12. Opening bottles: Forget the bottle openers, try using a spoon instead! It's a bit tricky but once you get the hang of it, you will enjoy it!
13. Making healthy lollies: Add ice cream sticks to your favourite yoghurts and you will get a delicious and healthy lolly!
14. Keeping bugs and insects away: Use a cupcake case to cover the top of your glass. It will keep all the insects away! It's the perfect solution if you want to enjoy your drinks outside.