Tired of feeling bloated after snacking on yet another bowl of crisps? We’ve got just the thing for you! Here are 5 low-cal foods you should be snacking on. All these foods are easy to make at home and are as tasty as it gets. Remember though – everything in moderation.
- Popcorn - It may come as a surprise to you, but popcorn is actually pretty healthy. It’s high in fiber and low in calories – there’s no more than 30 calories per cup. Just make sure not to add too much salt. Your best option is to make it at home yourself instead of buying a bag at the store. That way, you know exactly just what goes in your popcorn bag.
- Apple with natural peanut butter - Natural peanut butter, that is. None of that processed, sugary stuff.
- Kale chips - Take it from us, there’s nothing easier than making homemade kale chips. Cut up some kale, toss it into the oven and voila! You've got yourself the perfect snack to serve to your guests before dinner.
- Roasted chickpeas - It’s high in protein, fiber, and several vitamins and minerals. And most importantly, it’s low in calories!
- Dark chocolate-covered nuts - Another great low-cal sweet option for snacking. Chocolate and nuts, need we really say more?