We all know olive oil is one of the key ingredients used in the kitchen all over the world, but it could be so much more than that!
Several celebrities such as Selena Gomezand Kelly Clarkson take shots of olive oil before they go on stage. They claim it helps them preserve their vocal cords before a big show. To bring things to light, British celebrity chef Jamie Oliver had a great impact with introducing olive oil to the UK in the past 10 years.
1. Healthy fats: Olive oil is rich in monosaturated fat which is why several celebrities such as Selena Gomez and Kelly Clarkson take shots of olive oil before they go on stage. Monosaturated fat is the healthy kind of fat the human body needs. According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, if you consume 2 tablespoons of olive oil per day it could reduce your chances ofheart disease.
2. Healthy skin and hair: Olive oil contains antioxidants and vitamin E that help improve your skin's condition andhelps prevent ageing and wrinkles. Not only that, but it's also very healthy for your hair. It helps keeps your roots and ends moisturisedthroughout the day.
3. Reduce inflammation: Since olive oil is rich with monosaturated fats like Oleic acid it helps reduce inflammation. The high level of antioxidants also helps prevent the cholesterols from oxidising. When cholesterols are oxidised carcinogenic health problems could occur.
4. Helps with weight loss: Olive oil is a staple ingredient for Mediterranean diets and most of the people consume at least a quarter cup of olive oil in the morning. Olive oil helps slow the absorption of other nutrients and it will help you feel full so you aren't overindulging on sweets. There was a study conducted by Mary M. Flynn and Steven E. Reinert in Journal of Women's Healththat stated, people who consumed the olive oil-richdiet lost about 80% more weight than people who consumed a normal low-fat diet.
5. Fights cancer cells: Drinking olive oil helps fight off cancer cells. The compound Hydroxytyrosol (HT) is found in olive oil. Olive oil is a good source of antioxidants and vitamins that will combat the toxins trapped in your body.
Check out the video above to find out more about the benefits of olive oil!