It’s quite difficult to maintain your golden complexion when you are locked up in your house all the time (anyone here in lockdown?). The days of lazing around on our deckchairs in the sun are long gone and, since we are naturally quite pale as a nation, we have been left not only to fight the depression that arises from being stuck indoors all day, but also to find a way to keep the smiles on our faces and our skin looking nice and tanned.
Keeping your tan without leaving the house: it’s possible!
Self tanning lotion, a miracle pill or even tinted body milk… There are lots of fake and synthetic ways to change the colour of your skin. But sometimes it’s difficult to know how to use them correctly and how to get the result you want. And trust us, you don't want to end up looking like Donald Trump, do you? But that was before this new drink was discovered that can make your skin glow without forcing you to get off the sofa. Its name? Sun Tan Juice.
This natural drink that you can make at home contains beta-carotene, a plant pigment which is also a precursor of vitamin A, and can help make your complexion look much more golden. This gentle drink that will improve your tan is mainly made up of sweet potato, which is very rich in beta-carotene. But that’s not all, this recipe also includes other fruits and vegetables such as orange, mango and carrot.
The recipe for sun tan juice
To make this smoothie recipe to boost your tan, here is what you will need:
- 1/2 cup cooked sweet potato
- 1/4 fresh mango
- A tablespoon of coconut oil
- 175ml organic carrot juice
- The juice of a large orange
- A few pieces of dried apricots
How to prepare the drink:
- Cut the sweet potato in half and wash both halves.
- Place them in a water bath and in the microwave for 3 minutes and then again for a further 3 minutes. You could also brush them with coconut oil.
- In a blender, add the mango, carrot juice, orange juice and apricot slices.
- When the sweet potato is cooked, add it to the blender.
- Pulse gradually until smooth.
- Place in the fridge to chill.
To get this nice, tanned effect, we recommend you drink this concoction 4 times a week and it’s best to make the juice fresh every day instead of several days worth so that you can make the most of its nutritional and tanning benefits!