Don’t have a face mask to protect yourself when you go outside? Well, check out this tutorial on how to make your own at home. Why not give it a try?
During this unprecedented time, it can sometimes be quite difficult to find face masks to protect ourselves against the COVID-19 virus. Unfortunately, these masks are running out of stock all over the world, which makes those occasions when you have to leave the house without one even more complicated and unsafe.
So to help you feel more at ease, we’ve found an incredibly easy tutorial on how to make your own at home.
What you will need:
- A square scarf
- Two elastic bands or hairbands
How to make it:
Over the past few days, a certain video online has been gaining quite a following. Influencer Brittany Xavier recently revealed her super simple tutorial on how to make one of these masks on both her TikTok and Instagram accounts.
- 1/ Lay out your scarf on a flat surface
- 2/ Fold the top and bottom sections of the scarf towards the centre
- 3/ Flip it over and place an elastic band on each end
- 4/ Flip it back over and tuck the loose edges into the centre of the scarf
- 5/ Pull the elastic bands and place them over your ears
- 6/ Adjust the mask as necessary and voilà!
This super easy tutorial, that also requires no sewing, has been viewed millions of times on TikTok.
Does this mask really keep you safe?
This fabric mask is obviously not as effective as professional and certified masks. However, it can help to reduce your risks of being exposed to the virus. Another advantage to this mask is that it can be washed and so can be reused several times.
Check out the video above to see this incredibly easy tutorial for yourself!