COVID: Teenager dies from anaphylactic shock days after Pfizer jab

A teenager passed away after her Pfizer jab gave her a series of reactions that she was unable to recover from.

In spite of her known allergy to vaccines, the parents of a 17-year-old Vietnamese high schooler signed an agreement at the Trieu Phong District hospital which authorised doctors to give her the Pfizer jab. What followed was a traumatic week of severe reactions, which started 25 minutes after the inoculation.

Severe reactions from vaccination

VNExpress, a local newspaper, said that shortly after the injection was administered, the high schooler began feeling dizzy and got several rashes—signs of anaphylaxis. When the doctors rushed to help her, they realised that they needed to transfer her to the nearest hospital. She was admitted to the intensive care unit in Quang Tri General Hospital, where she then suffered from several blood clotting disorders.

Seven days later, she succumbed to her allergic reaction and died. According to the Health Ministry, four children have died following vaccination, three of whom died from anaphylactic shock.

Meanwhile, the death of the 17-year-old is still being investigated.

What is anaphylactic shock?

As specified by Mayo Clinic, anaphylaxis is a life-threatening allergic reactionthat takes place ‘within seconds or minutes of exposure.’ It could be a reaction to peanuts, bee stings, certain types of medication, or in this case vaccines.

When your body comes into contact with a substance that triggers an allergic reaction, the immune system responds by releasing a large number of chemicals that can cause anaphylactic shock. Signs of anaphylaxis include a rapid or weak heartbeat, outbreak of skin rashes, nausea and vomiting, low blood pressure, and difficulty breathing.

In the case that you, or a loved one, is experiencing anaphylactic shock, you are advised to go to the emergency room straight away. Experts at Mayo Clinic stated:

Anaphylaxis requires an injection of epinephrine and a follow-up trip to an emergency room. If you don't have epinephrine, you need to go to an emergency room immediately. If anaphylaxis isn't treated right away, it can be fatal.
Unvaccinated couple die of Covid on same day Unvaccinated couple die of Covid on same day