Cinnamon, who doesn't have that little jar of ground cinnamon at home! In cakes, desserts, on yoghurts, this spice is always welcome. In addition to its incomparable fragrance and taste, cinnamon, whether in powder form or sticks, has many health benefits.
Known throughout the world for giving a special taste to your dishes, this spice is also known for its medicinal properties. Indeed, cinnamon has several virtues for the body. Find out which ones!
The origin of cinnamon
Very low in calories and a source of fibre, cinnamon is an aromatic plant substance from the bark of the cinnamon tree.
You certainly did not know it, but there are two varieties of cinnamon:
- Casse cinnamon, from the Chinese cinnamon tree and which comes from China or Indonesia. This is easily found commercially.
- CeylonCeylon cinnamon is rarer than the first, this variety is also more expensive than the Chinese one.
If you consume cinnamon regularly, know that you are doing a lot of good for your body and your organism. In fact, this spice is extremely rich in minerals (iron and calcium), vitamins, fibre and antioxidants.
- 7 incredible skin benefits of the world’s most expensive spice
- Mental health: 5 ways to practice self-love
- Spirulina: Here are 4 health benefits of this superfood
Health benefits of cinnamon
- Cinnamon prevents cancer and cardiovascular disease.
- It strengthens the immune system and helps heal illnesses like colds and flu faster.
- This spice fights diabetes by slowing the absorption of sugar by your body.
- It helps lower cholesterol.
- Cinnamon relieves digestive problems and promotes intestinal transit. Thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, it soothes heartburn, acid reflux, bloating, nausea.
- This substance stimulates the brain and fights against the onset of certain diseases, such as Alzheimer's or Parkinson's.
- It also fights against fatigue and relieves muscle pain.
- It strengthens the scalp and limits hair loss.
- Cinnamon helps correct skin imperfections.
- Finally, in addition to all its benefits, cinnamon also has anti-stress properties, which is favourable for people who want to quit smoking.
This article has been translated from Oh!MyMag FR.