Dreaming of a lace dress for your wedding but not sure which style to go for? Follow our guide! From backless to vintage, bohemian to short or even the lingerie-inspired lace dresses, you're sure to find the style that suits you.
Lace Wedding Dress Trends
1. The lingerie-inspired lace wedding dress: Today, there's no need to wear underwear, the dress itself serves as underwear. These dresses are inspired by corsets and nightgowns. It's all about finding the right balance between elegance and sexiness. This season, the clever mix has been perfectly found by Vera Wang, who releases a collection almost entirely devoted to this trend, and Inbal Dror, whose reputation is second to none.
2. The backless lace wedding dress: Backless wedding dresses or backs subtly covered with Chantilly lace or embroidered lace are really on trend. The sleeves can be long or short. If they are long, the back is also covered. If they are short, the dress is usually backless. This season, Claire Pettibone, Anna Kara, and LeLa Rose have mastered this trend.
3. The short lace wedding dress: The short wedding dress draws its inspiration from the bohemian trend with fluid loose-fitting cuts. The French designer Delphine Manivet is once again the expert. For an even more bohemian style, try YolanCris.
4. The bohemian wedding dress: This is the second-biggest trend of this year we prefer in this case a more rustic lace, which is used for the entire length of the dress. For bohemian wedding dresses, you should look up Laure de Sagazan, Lost in Paris, or Dana Bolton.
5. The vintage wedding dress: Not very far from the bohemian trend, the vintage dress is inspired by old times, more specifically English wedding dresses from past centuries. To follow this trend, English designers are the best. Jane Bourvis creates gorgeous tailored dresses, as does Dana Bolton.