Virginia Giuffre granted request to contact Prince Andrew over sex abuse case

Virginia Giuffre might very soon be allowed to commence a formal trial with the Duke of York regarding sexual assault and rape charges that first surfaced two years ago.

After a back and forth of logistical problems between both parties over the last few weeks, Giuffre has finally been granted request by the High Court to formally contact duke over the alleged sexual assault case.

Papers served correctly

The plaintiff has accused the Queen's son for allegedly sexually abusing her when she was 17 years old and also claims that she was trafficked by convicted sex offender and former friend, the late Jeffrey Epstein.

During Monday's first pre-trial court hearing in New York City, Giuffre's legal team was able to prove that papers had been appropriately served to Prince Andrew's lawyers. A later statement from the High Court said:

The lawyers acting for Ms Giuffre have now provided further information to the High Court, and the High Court has accepted the request for service under the Hague Service Convention.
The legal process has not yet been served but the High Court will now take steps to serve under the convention unless service is arranged by agreement between the parties.

Denial of all allegations

With the trial going forward now that logistical problems have been resolved, Prince Andrew has remained firm in his stance that he has nothing to do with the sex abuse surrounding Epstein.

His one-time friend and millionaire financier was charged with sex trafficking and conspiracy to traffic minors for sex. Dozens of underage girls were said to have fallen victim over the course of several decades. He allegedly sold many of these young girls to a list of celebrity clients, which many remain unnamed.

Prince Andrew's shocking move in sex abuse case has upset the royal family Prince Andrew's shocking move in sex abuse case has upset the royal family