Unless you live under a rock, you have most certainly heard of ChatGPT lately. This tool, developed by OpenAI, seems to have erupted out of nowhere and yet, it has apparently gathered millions of users a month. The idea is simple: it is an A.I. capable of compiling tons of information to answer any given question. We asked it the most important question that came to mind: ‘how to survive a zombie apocalypse?’
Discover our latest podcast
ChatGPT's wants you to prepare in advance
The zombie fever might have faded a bit in the last couple of years, but let’s be honest, zombies will always be fascinating. Apparently, ChatGPT agrees with that statement, since the A.I. gave us a mini survival guide.
After reminding us that zombies are not real (thanks, ChatGPT), the A.I. gives us the following tips:
- Find a safe-house: If you are confronted with an emergency situation, it is vital to find a safe-house. Make sure the place is secure and there is enough food, water, and supplies to protect yourself.
- Keep a stash of food and water: Make sure you have got enough food and water for several days or even several weeks. It is also vital that you know how to purify water to make it drinkable if necessary.
- Be prepared to defend yourself: In certain emergency situations, it might be necessary to defend yourself against attackers. Make sure you have got tools to protect yourself, such as a knife, an axe, or even a baseball bat.
- Learn survival skills: Learn the basic skills to survive in nature, such as building a safe-house, lighting a fire, and finding food in nature. These skills may be useful in several emergency situations.
- Remain calm and reasonable: In an emergency situation, it is easy to panic. However, it is important to remain calm and reasonable, as it may help you to make the best decisions and to best handle the situation.
A strangely exhaustive guide
The answer is so detailed that it seems ChatGPT snatched it from a real survival guide. FYI, we also asked it how to kill a zombie, and its answer was just as thorough (overall, ChatGPT argues we should shoot it in the head, burn the body, impale it, etc.)
Although this 5-point to-do-list might not come out of nowhere and is probably everything the A.I. has found on the subject, we are still flabbergasted by its ability to synthesize information and write on a subject straight from another world.
We have also asked ChatGPT's cousin, Dall-E, to draw us a picture of what a zombie attack would look like in Paris. Strangely enough, it looks like any other demonstration in the city of love!
This article has been translated from Gentside FR.
The Guardian: 'ChatGPT: what can the extraordinary artificial intelligence chatbot do?'
Open AI: 'ChatGPT: Optimizing Language Models for Dialogue'
CNET: 'Why We're Obsessed With the Mind-Blowing ChatGPT AI Chatbot'