Are you fed up with spending hours in the bathroom trying to achieve the perfect blow-dry? No need to fret as Ohmymag has the perfect guide to show you how to achieve a top-notch blow-dry!
How To Blow Dry Your Hair
1. Good hair care: Use a shampoo that is well-adapted to your hair type, hair masks rich in nutrients that will sooth your hair, and heat-protecting spray. Nothing will better prepare your hair for the perfect blow dry than good hair care. Also, diet and water is extremely important for maintaining healthy and strong hair.
2. Use the proper tools: Blow-drying on both short and long hair means that you need to arm yourself with the right tools and accessories to achieve that perfect look. For a quick and professional finish, use a hair dryer attachment with a large opening. As for brushes, avoid metal bristles which can cause irreversible damage such as frizzy or damaged hair and can create static electricity.
What brush should you buy? Choose a round or flat brush with a good grip. The thicker your hair the more important your brush is. For short hair, a medium brush would do the trick. Also, remember to use hair protecting spray before you apply any form of heat.
3. Hair condition: It's a no brainer - don't blow dry completely dry hair because it will damage it. And the same goes for extremely wet hair because it will require more time and high heat which will damage your hair.
What condition should your hair be in? A blow-dry works best on semi-damp hair. End your shower by rinsing your hair with cold water to close your scalp's pores then brush your hair back. It's best to let your hair air dry for a few minutes then blow dry section by section.
4. Technique is everything: Wrap your hair around your brush piece by piece and part the roots of each piece then use the hairdryer to dry from root to tip. For short hair, avoid giving the hair too much volume and instead focus on blow drying your hair towards the back.
For an ultimate sleek look - you can use a straightener to smoothen your hair. For a natural look, add a little cream and scrunch your hair using your hands.
5. Maintain your hair: Once you've finished blow-dryinig your hair add a little hairspray or gel then style. A nourishing serum can also be added to the lengths of your hair to give your hair an added shine without making it greasy or weighing it down. Lastly, the best way to look after your hair is to make sure that you don't blow dry your hair too much. Once or twice a week is enough.