Discover our latest podcast
What characterises the zodiac sign of Cancer?
The water sign of Cancer is known for its great sensitivity and childlike nature. Very attached to their roots and family, they have the reputation of being a whiny sign who often complains about their fate.
With a strong imagination and creative powers, Cancerians are also very loyal to their family and friends.
At first, Cancerians may appear shy, but once they feel secure they become very protective and self-confident.
Cancerians avoid conflict and prefer an environment that is familiar and comfortable to them, a place where they can strengthen their creativity and imagination.
What are Cancer's faults and strengths?
Cancer's strengths: devoted to their loved ones, funny, romantic, creative, loyal.
Cancerians sometimes suffer from their reputation. Because of their extreme sensitivity, they are often mistaken for the cartoon character Calimero who spends his time crying. This reputation does not prevent them from having strong self-esteem, they are as imperfect as the other signs of the zodiac.
Cancer's weak points: sensitive, distrustful, stubborn, melancholic, capricious.
What are the dates and decans of Cancer?
The sign of Cancer includes all people born between June 22nd and July 22nd. This period is therefore divided into three parts called decans, and includes the following dates:
- 1st decan: June 22 to July 1
- 2nd decan: July 2 to July 12
- 3rd decan: July 13 to July 22
As explained in the presentation of the astrological sign of Gemini, the decans serve to nuance the characteristics of a sign based on the planet that governs it.
A Cancerian in the first decan is said to be cheerful, jovial and optimistic by nature and has a strong imagination. While those in the second decan is pragmatic and realistic to the point that communication is their best asset.
Finally, Cancerians in the third decan are imaginative and dreamers. They have a reputation for devoting themselves to the happiness of their loved ones.
Astro: Which signs are compatible in love with Cancer?
Are you a Cancer and would you like to know your love compatibility with the other signs of the zodiac? Below is our selection of the best astrological compatibilities for the zodiac sign Cancer.
- The sign of Cancer and the sign of Taurus: The perfect match! What they have in common is the desire to create a stable and happy family. They have the same aspirations and know how to love each other with the delicacy they both need.
- The astrological sign of Cancer and the astrological sign of Virgo: a couple who knows how to value each other! In addition to understanding each other without too much effort, these signs will bring out the best in each other.
- The astrological sign of Cancer and the astrological sign of Scorpio: these two water signs are a perfect match! Cancer and Scorpio are both very intuitive and quite empathetic signs. Together, they have the possibility to feel intense love and desire.
Astro: Which signs are incompatible in love with Cancer?
If you are a Cancer and would like to know which astrological signs you should absolutely avoid in love, here is a list of your love incompatibilities:
- The astrological sign of Cancer and the astrological sign of Leo: Two creative minds! While they have the same passion for creation, these two signs cannot get along. Both aspire to be the boss and neither will want to give up their position!
- The astrological sign of Cancer and the astrological sign of Gemini: Although they both like to talk, this is not their strength. While Gemini talks a lot and frankly, Cancer is more suggestive and discrete. This communication dynamic can lead to a lot of misunderstandings!
- The astrological sign of Cancer and the astrological sign of Aries: Two signs who are at odds! Aries likes to act without thinking. Cancerians work on instinct but like to take their time. In other words, they will have a hard time keeping up with each other!
Don't forget that to be sure of compatibility with another sign, you must first calculate your natal chart. Thanks to your place, date, and time of birth you will have all the necessary details to know the percentage of compatibility with a sign.
This article has been translated from Oh!MyMag FR.