The Beckham family experienced a break-in at the end of February but the news has only just come out. With such a high profile figure, it seems unusual that the break-in has been kept quiet for so long. Moreover, the news has been released a week before David Beckham’s eldest son, Brooklyn, is set to get married.
David and Victoria Beckham’s £40million mansion located in Kensington was broken into on February 28. The couple was home with their youngest child, Harper, 10, at the time of the break but was unaware that there was an intruder.
According to The Sun, the burglary went unnoticed until the early hours of March 1, when their son Cruz Beckham, 17, came home from a night out with friends.
Cruz had noticed that one of the spare rooms had been ransacked and rushed to wake his father, who then called 999. While waiting for the police to arrive, the pair searched the house in case the thief was still on the premises.
The thief is said to have made off with ‘thousands of pounds of designer and electric goods’.
The police are currently analysing the CCTV footage of the house.
The break-in was reported a month later
The news that David Beckham's house had been broken into has only just surfaced, a month after the incident. No one knows why this has only just made headlines. It comes just weeks before David Beckham’s eldest child is to be married to actress Nicola Peltz.
This break-in also comes as a woman awaits trial after being charged with stalking David Beckham since 2016. The woman has allegedly turned up at the Kensington mansion as well as Harper’s school.
The Sun reports:
The Beckhams are said to have ordered a review of the London mansion’s security in the wake of the burglary. A forensic examination was carried out the day after the break-in on February 28.