Whether you're a smoker or not, having the smell of cigarettes in your home isn't pleasant and it can be really tricky to get rid of. Even if you blow smoke out of the window, the odour somehow makes its way back into the home right? Don't worry - here are some top tips that really work to get rid of cigarette odour in your home. Take a look at our photo gallery for details!
How To Remove Cigarette Odour From Your Home
1. Ventilation is key: First of all, clean and air your home by opening the windows from time to time. Fresh air to have in your home is always good.
2. Gels: Opt for odour-destroying gels. Simply open the box for the product to start working against lingering cigarette odour.
3. Biocarbonate of soda: Sprinkle your carpets with bicarbonate of soda overnight then vacuum in the morning. You can add essential oils to the mixture to enhance the smell and reduce cigarette odours.
4. White vinegar: White vinegar is also very powerful against cigarette odour - try to clean your counter tops and floors using a mixture of white vinegar and natural soap.
5. Herbs: Place Herbes de Provence mixed with a little wet sand in your ashtray to neutralise the smell of the ash.
6. Ashtray: It goes without saying that you need to clean your ashtray as well as emptying it frequently. You should clean it at least once or twice a week with white vinegar and biocarbonate of soda.
7. Essential oils: Opt for air fresheners or diffusers that use essential oils - lavender is the most effective essential oil to use. Plus, it's a great way to promote relaxation and reduce stress.
8. Natural air freshener: Mix together hot water, lemon juice, and bicarbonate of soda to spray around your home.