She Thought Her Daughter Had A Mosquito Bite, But The Truth Was Much Worse...

She Thought Her Daughter Had A Mosquito Bite, But The Truth Was Much Worse...

Seven-year-old girl Mia Spilman was on the beach in Australia with her family when she noticed a mosquito bite appear on her arm. Unfortunately, appearances can sometimes be misleading…

As long as you don’t scratch your mosquito bite, there’s nothing to worry about. The mark will usually disappear after a few days max. But in Mia’s case, the mark didn’t disappear, but rather the opposite. When she scratched it, her arm turned redder and redder!

When doctors examined Mia, they were taken aback by her condition. She had to stay in hospital for four days, eight rounds of antibiotics and a total of three months before doctors finally diagnosed her with a mycobacterial disease known as Buruli ulcers. This is a very dangerous flesh-eating bacteria, transmitted by mosquitoes and possums.

Read also
At Six Months, He Saved His Mum's Life By Refusing To Breastfeed

Mia’s family was worried because most doctors didn’t know what was wrong with her. When this mycobacterial disease isn’t dealt with quickly, it can even lead to amputation!

Check out the video for the full story! 

• Anna Wilkins
Continue reading
No connection
Check your settings