Is your garden dull and not as peaceful as you want it to be? Here are some tips on how you can turn your lifeless garden into a beautiful and tranquil Japanese Zen Garden.
How To Turn Your Garden Into A Japanese Zen Garden
1. Add a bench: The Japanese zen garden includes a well-balanced bench. This would be a perfect area for you to curl up with a good book.
2. Add plants: A zen garden should include a lot of vegetation. Remember, you are part of mother nature and must surround yourself with the plants and peaceful outdoors.
3. Add flowing water: A zen garden would not be complete without the sound of water. You can do this by building a small pathway with water. This adds to the tranquil atmosphere. You can sit by the water to ponder your thoughts.
4. Odd numbers: The Japanese believe that odd numbers are favorable. Try not to plant shrubs in pairs of two.
5. Suitable plants: Choose plants that are suitable for the zen garden. Suitable plants include flowering plum trees, Azaleas, Wisterias, Bamboo, Iris, and Lotus. Plants that can last through the cold temperatures are the best.
6. Garden decorations: Garden decor and gadgets that are made from bamboo will add extra personality to your zen garden. When choosing extra decorations make sure it looks natural and that it blends with the calming atmosphere. Avoid extremely bright colours and gadgets that make loud noises.