Easy Laundry Hacks
1. Chalk: Use a little chalk on grease stains before putting it into the washer.
2. Black pepper: Add a teaspoon of black pepper to your wash to stop colours bleeding. This works best with dark-coloured clothes.
3. Salad spinner: Use a salad spinner to remove excess liquid from clothes that you can’t put in the tumble dryer.
4. Lemon: Brighten up your whites by boiling them with a sliced lemon. As a bonus your house will smell great too!
5. Towel: Add a dry fluffy towel to your load before starting the tumble dryer to make your clothes dry faster.
6. Tennis balls: Add two or three tennis balls to your bedding in the tumble dryer – they’ll dry faster and be nice and fluffy.
7. Aluminium foil: Use a ball of aluminium foil instead of a dryer sheet. You can use the same one for up to six months.
8. Lemon juice: Get pit stains out of shirts by applying a mixture of lemon juice and baking soda to them an hour before washing.
9. Aspirin: Another way to stop whites getting dingy is to add an aspirin to your wash. Click here to find out more.
10. Hairspray: Use hairspray or hand sanitizer to remove ink stains.
11. White bread: Do you have lipstick stains on your favourite blouse? Blot them with a piece of white bread before putting in the washing machine.
12. Hair conditioner: Did you accidentally shrink your favourite top? Try soaking it in lukewarm water and hair conditioner for a few minutes.
13. Organisation: Create a basket system to separate your washing. Remember, whites go with whites, delicates go with delicates, and so forth.
14. Chores: Have everyone in the family take responsibility for putting away their own laundry with a sorting station.
15. Dry-wipe marker: Write reminders of clothes that can’t go in the washer/dryer directly on top of the appliance with a dry-wipe marker.
16. Vinegar: Adding white vinegar to your washing machine has many benefits. It will remove unwanted odours and help keep your machine clean. Click here to learn more!