Parchment paper or also known as baking paper is a kitchen staple. Thanks to its impermeability and heat-resistant qualities, it is used a lot in cooking. However, it can be used for so many other different things. Using parchment paper for various household chores will surprise you! Here are 8 tips to show you how handy it can be!
Clever Ways To Use Parchment Paper
1. Use as a cupcake liner: If you are short on cupcake liners then you can cut a small piece of parchment paper and place it in the tin for baking. Make sure you cut slits in the corner of the paper so it can be easily added to the tin.
2. Make a funnel: If you don't have a funnel, use parchment paper since it's water-resistant and glossy. It's great for transferring liquids or solid ingredients.
3. Protect furniture: Use this to help remove the dust from your furniture.
4. Prevent rusting: Use this to clean off the stubborn rust on your garden tools.
5. Fix a stuck zipper: The best solution ever - take a piece of parchment paper and slide it up and down the zipper.
6. Make your shower curtains slide smoother: With all the water and dirt buildup it could be difficult for you to slide your curtains. To fix this, take a piece of parchment paper and slide it up and down the curtain rod.
7. Remove stains: It won't scratch the surface and it's a great way to remove stains from onyx surfaces.
8. Food cover: It's perfect thing to use to cover your dishes in the microwave.
9. Fun placemat: Your kids can colour or draw directly on the paper with crayons.
10. Wrap gifts: Out of wrapping paper? Use parchment paper as a substitute - you can even add fun patterns using crayons or permanent markers.