Woman almost loses life after vibrator explodes

A woman on Reddit has shared with the internet that her vibrator came very close to being the cause of her death.

Woman almost loses life after vibrator explodes
Continue reading
Read the article

One woman came very close to losing it all after her self-pleasuring toy almost set her entire house on fire!

Fire causing vibrator

The woman in question took to Reddit to reveal what can happen if a vibrator is switched on for an extended amount of time. When she accidentally left her sex toy going all night she woke up to the smell of burnt plastic with the vibrator completely melted. She recounts:

I woke up with the thing going beside me because I got super drunk last night and rolled on top of it which flicked it on. It's completely melted and my whole apartment smells like burnt plastic.

Before adding:

I honestly think it was minutes away from setting my whole apartment on fire, which is both embarrassing and terrifying. Moral of the story always unplug your vibrator.

Lucky enough to have just escaped what could have been a truly tragic accident, she is now looking to contact the maker of the device to get some sort of compensation.

Death by electrocution

More concerning, this doesn't seem to be an isolated event as other users of the website shared their horror stories with vibrators malfunctioning. One other woman explained how she came very close to death by electrocution from the very thing that can get her to climax:

Today I was feeling frisky so I decided to give it a whirl. I plugged it in and turned it on, and sparks just started flying out of it. I grabbed the cord and unplugged it as fast as I could, but it managed to burn a hole in my comforter.

And added:

I know I'm an idiot. My boyfriend works in electronics, and said that it had enough volts that it could have killed me (akin to dropping a toaster in the bath-electrocution). Or at least cause me some serious burns.