A study was published in a French consumer magazine titled 60 Millions de Consommateurs (60 Million Consumers) revealed the top 10 everyday food items that the public should avoid. Watch our video to learn more and take action today!
All consumers need to be aware of these everyday food items that are considered to be "poisonous". The magazine revealed that these food items are mainly ultra-processed foods that are extremely low in nutrients and high in sugars, fats, and additives.
1. Ketchup: This contains about 22 grams of sugar per 100 grams. It's best to stay away from this sauce and instead opt for natural tomato puree.
2. Dried noodles: Instant noodles are loaded with additives and it's best to stay away from them. Some contain high amounts of sodium which isn't good for your health.
3. Sugar-free, gluten-free, or fat-free products: As tempting as "free" sounds, it's not always the best for your health. Usually, the products that lack in one area tend to have more of another ingredient that isn't great for your body. For instance, a product with low sugar might contain a high amount of salt. It's always best to look at the ingredients before you buy the product.
4. Diet fizzy drinks and sodas: Although these might taste great, it contains a lot of additives.
5. Processed vegetarian or vegan food products: Extremely high in additives, fats, and salt.
6. Fruit yoghurts: High levels of additives which are used to colour, thicken, and preserve the product.
7. Stock cubes: High levels of salt, it's best to make your soup from scratch that way you can control the amount of salt and sugar you put in.
8. Breakfast cereals: Although it might seem easy to prepare in the morning, these are loaded with fat and sugar!
9. Cocoa powder: High in sugar, stay away from it even though it's tempting.
10. Charcuterie: Processed pork contains a lot of nitrates or nitrites which should be banned. Also, they are high in fat and salts.