She almost lost her sight after trying to dye her eyebrows

Teenage Tylah Durie almost became blind because of an allergy to a dye that caused her many chemical burns. This allergy, which could have caused her vision to fail, is against that of Paraphenylenediamine, a chemical compound found in most colours.

In preparing her dye, Tylah Durie didn't expect to go through such hell. She had an allergic reaction to the chemical compound PPD, which is found in the majority of dyes.

Tylah hadn't done an allergy test before applying the colour on her eyelashes and eyebrows. The doctors told Tylah that if she reuses a dye-containing PPD, it could cost her life. The horrible pains she felt terrified her while she was hospitalised. In the beginning, Tylah just wanted to dye her eyebrows. Less than half an hour after the application, her eyes began to itch furiously.

Blisters quickly formed around her eyes. An eye-doctor then told her that she had a very good chance of going blind. She's now forced to go through eye rehabilitation...

She lost almost 10 stone without dieting: Here's how she did it She lost almost 10 stone without dieting: Here's how she did it