This Man Suddenly Became Mute After Eating Raw Meat Tartare
This Man Suddenly Became Mute After Eating Raw Meat Tartare
Read the article

This Man Suddenly Became Mute After Eating Raw Meat Tartare

A 74-year-old man was taken to hospital when he noticed having problems speaking. They decided to give him multiple scans and when they saw the images, they were speechless. Find out why…

The idea of eating raw meat is enough to scare some people, especially because of how dangerous we hear it can be…Some people believe meat tartare is a true delicacy whereas others, see it as ‘disgusting’.

This man’s story seems to confirm this general way of thinking. This seventy-year-old man ate raw meat, pork and veal to be more exact and when he started to find it difficult to speak, he went to the hospital. After undergoing multiple scans, doctors were stunned by what they saw.

Hungry? Getty Images

Hundreds of larvae eggs were discovered living inside his body. According to specialists, these larvae were tapeworms. The patient had them everywhere! In his hips, his head, his spine, etc.

Their diagnosis was called ‘neurocysticercosis’. Neurocysticercosis is a parasitic disease of the nervous system. It is asymptomatic until it starts causing damage to your brain. The patient could eventually suffer from epileptic fits and problems related to their mobility and speech.

Luckily, the man was diagnosed early, and doctors were able to intervene before it was too late. Despite the fortunate outcome, the photos of the patient’s infection might make you think twice about consuming raw meat…

By Johanna Garner

No connection
Check your settings