Here's how you can predict what your future child might look like

Have you always wondered what your future child might look like? With the help of genetics, you may be able to predict how your child will look.

Here's how you can predict what your future child might look like
Continue reading
Read the article

We all know that the science of genetics can help determine the colour of a child's eyes. There are two types of traits in our genes - dominant and recessive. The traits for stronger genes (dominant) is typically brown skin, dark eyes, dark hair, curly hair, large nose, big lips, and a large chin. The traits of the weaker genes (recessive) is typically blonde or red hair, grey or blue eyes, light skin, and being left-handed. Take a look at the below for an example:

1. If both parents have brown eyes then the child has a 75% chance of having brown eyes, a 19% chance of having green eyes, and a 6% chance of having blue eyes.

2. If one parent has brown eyes and the other has blue or green eyes then the child will have a 50% chance of having brown eyes and between 12-50% chance of having blue or green eyes.

Ultimately, if you carry the dominant gene then your child is more likely to have the same characteristic as you. For example, if your significant other has the recessive genes of blonde hair with blue eyes and you have dark curly hair with brown eyes then your baby has a higher chance of having brown curly hair with brown eyes.

Check out the video above for more!

This couple got a big surprise when they gave birth to a child that looked nothing like them This couple got a big surprise when they gave birth to a child that looked nothing like them