The search for the runaway fiancé of Gabby Petito, whose body was found weeks after being reported missing, may proceed more smoothly than before.
The search team on the hunt for Brian Laundrie have had a difficult time so far in the Florida natural reserve, where he is thought to be hiding.
Father Joins Search
But it seems conditions in the Florida woodlands are improving. Lawyer for the Laundrie family, Steve Bertolino, said:
It seems the water in the preserve is receding, and certain areas are more accessible to search. The entire Laundrie family is grateful for the hard work of the dedicated members of law enforcement that have been searching the preserve for Brian over the last few weeks. Hopefully, Brian will be located soon.
However, the police said, although they have not found any physical evidence of Laundrie in the Carlton reserve, the search will continue until they have better information.
Officers from multiple law enforcement agencies have been looking for Laundrie since September 17.
Person of Interest
Laundrie and Petito embarked on a cross-country road trip in July, but he returned home on September 01 without her.
Petito was later declared missing, and her body found last month. Laundrie had refused to speak to the police until his disappearance on September 17.
Petito’s death has been ruled homicide, with an arrest warrant issued for Laundrie, 23, although no charges have been pressed yet.
On Thursday, the father of Brian Laundrie - named a person of interest in the death of 22-year-old Petito - joined the search. The family lawyer told local media:
Chris was asked to point out any favourite trails or spots that Brian may have used in the preserve. The preserve has been closed to the public and the Laundries as well, but the parents have been cooperating since the search began.
The entire Laundrie family had refused to corporate with the police when Petito was reported missing.