We’re trying to do everything we can to protect ourselves and others from COVID-19. When it comes to protective measures, we’ve got it down to a T. However, we bet you forgot about this one, which may just be the cheapest and most efficient, according to Angela Merkel—airing out your home.
That’s right, the German government just added this to their list of protective measures. Christian Drosten who is considered to be the main expert on COVID-19 in Germany has been insisting that people should be airing out their homes for a minimum of 10 minutes a day since the beginning of the outbreak. He claims that something as simple as opening your windows for a few minutes could be more efficient in eliminating the virus in your home than disinfecting surfaces.
As a reminder, here is a list of protective measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, according to the WHO:
- Clean your hands often
- Cough or sneeze in your bent elbow - not your hands!
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Limit social gatherings and time spent in crowded places
- Avoid close contact with someone who is sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
And last but not least, air out your home!