Health Hacks That You Should Know
1. Mindful eating: Practice mindful eating by sitting at a table and concentrate on your eating with no screens or other distractions! This will help you with not overeating as well.
2. Olive oil shots: Taking a shot of olive oil every day has numerous health benefits. Click here to learn more.
3. The 20/20/20 rule: If you work on a computer all day follow the 20/20/20 rule. Every 20 minutes take a 20 second break to let your eyes wander over something 20 ft. in the distance.
4. Move your legs: Get off the bus or train one stop early and walk the rest of the journey.
5. Replace the sugar: Swap the sugar in your coffee for cinnamon.
6. Drink lemon water: Drink a glass of lukewarm water and lemon every morning to detox your body. Find out more here.
7. Consume coconut oil: Add a tablespoon of coconut oil to your morning coffee. This will help stabilize your blood sugar levels for the whole day.
8. Stay hydrated: Mark up your water bottle with a Sharpie to make sure you’re drinking enough water.
9. Keep your room cool: Boost your metabolism by sleeping in a cool bedroom.
10. Monitor the colour of your urine: Look at the colour of your pee to make sure you’re drinking enough water! It should be pale yellow to clear.
11. Cut the shortcuts: Take the stairs rather than the escalator or elevator every time!
12. Prepare your meals ahead of time: Prep your meals in advance to stop yourself reaching for a ready-meal or takeaway menu!
13. Use cold water: Take a cold shower to increase metabolism and boost immunity and alertness.
14. Cure a sore throat: Eat marshmallows to soothe a sore throat.
15. Consume less salt: Lower your salt intake by switching it for herbs like basil, oregano or parsley when cooking.
16. Mediate and stretch: Take deep breaths and stretch on a daily basis. It's good for your mind, body, and soul!
17. Skip the sweets: If you're craving a loaded dessert then replace it with fruit. It will cure your sweet tooth cravings!