Top Lean Meats To Eat When You're On A Diet
1. Turkey cutlet: Turkey cutlet is the lean meat par excellence. It is also on the daily menu of people who are dedicated to body building because it allows the maintenance of muscle mass and it contains almost no fat (about 1 gram of fat for almost 24 grams of protein on a serving of 100 grams).
2. Chicken breast: As long as you do not eat the skin, which is very rich in fat, chicken breast is a very lean meat, ideal for a fat-free and high protein diet.
3. Veal cutlet: Just like turkey cutlet, veal cutlet is a lean meat, very useful as part of a diet. Be careful not to confuse it with breaded veal escalope, or Milanese, much more calorific and fattier!
4. Roasted veal fillet: Like veal escalope, roast veal fillet is low fat (both contain less than 3 grams of fat per 100 grams). Nevertheless, in terms of protein intake, veal escalope is preferable.
5. Calf's liver: Calf's liver is a low-fat meat, which also has the advantage of adding a lot of vitamin A, one of the derivatives, beta-carotene, is an antioxidant that protects the skin from free radicals and ultraviolet rays.
6. Roasted venison: Roe deer is rarely consumed outside of the holiday season, yet it is low in fat.
7. Ground beef (5%): Red meat is usually fatter than white meat but it really depends on the meat in question. Thus, a white meat, pigeon is fattier than ground beef with 5% fat. Do not be fooled by appearances. Do your research beforehand.
8. Pork escalope: It is possible to eat pork as part of a diet, as long as you know how to pick the pieces. Pork escalope is not too fatty compared to other cuts.