When the weather is cold outside, nothing beats a delicious soup to keep you warm. If you need a quick boost or a fancy a lovely meal, why not try this hot, comforting soup made with sweet potato and peanut butter? You will be surprised by how well these two ingredients go together.
Full of vitamin A, sweet potatoes are a really good source of energy. They are also rich in fibre, have a low glycemic index and are great for helping you retain your lovely figure.
Paired with peanut butter and you have a soup with multiple nutritional benefits. But it's best to go for organic peanut butter that has no added sugars or palm oil.
So, without further ado, here is our recipe for this soup which is both delicious and very easy to make.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 onion
- 500ml of vegetable stock
- 200ml of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- A pinch of cumin
- Fresh coriander
- Salt, pepper
- Slice the onions finely.
- Sauté the onions in the coconut oil with the cumin.
- Peel the sweet potato and dice it before adding it to the previous ingredients.
- Pour in the stock and cook on medium heat for 25 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the peanut butter and fresh coriander. Using a hand mixer or blender, blend until you have a nice, smooth texture.
Now sit back, relax, and enjoy!