The Best Gluten-Free Foods To Eat
1. Oilseeds: There are different types of nuts categorised under oilseeds (nuts, almonds, pistachios, pine nuts ...) and seeds (sunflower, flax, sesame, squash ...). These foods can easily be eaten plain or mixed into desserts or salads. They contain essential fatty acids as well as minerals and vitamins. It is best to choose them organic and without added salt or fat in order to preserve their nutritional properties.
2. Dried fruit: Dried fruit includes dried bananas, dried apricots, raisins, and figs. They are very beneficial from a nutritional point of view because they are particularly rich in vitamins and minerals. Purchase the fruit without any added sugar in order to avoid the consumption of refined sugars.
3. Rice and quinoa: Rice is a gluten-free cereal product that can be used to prepare a variety of dishes. You can also choose wholegrain rice, which is even better from a nutritional point of view. Eating quinoa is also a good way to replace the usual grain products such as pasta. In addition, quinoa contains many amino acids essential to the proper functioning of the body.
4. Potatoes: Potatoes are vegetables rich in carbohydrates, proteins, and vitamins. They can be prepared in very different ways: steamed, baked, in the form of mashed potatoes, wedges or fries.
5. Gluten-free flour: Several flours are gluten-free. Among these are notably rice, chestnut, chickpea or buckwheat flours. These varieties of flour make it possible to make different recipes that would usually contain gluten, whether for desserts, pasta pies or bread.
6. Dairy products: The dairy family generally does not contain gluten, whether in cheese, yogurts, butter or milk. You can also replace cow's milk with vegetable milks, which are also gluten-free: rice milk, almond milk, hazelnut milk, or coconut milk. All these plant-based milks are often rich in essential nutrients for the skin.
7. Soybeans: Soybeans do not contain gluten and come in many forms. Whether you consume soy milk, soy cream or tofu, all these products are gluten-free.