- 1 unripe banana
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups of plain flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of oil (coconut or rapeseed)
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2/3 cup of vegan dark chocolate chips
1. As per always when baking the first instruction is to sift the dry ingredients together. In a bowl sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda together and set them aside.
2. In another bowl mash the banana and mix in the almond milk, oil, maple syrup and vanilla essence.
3. Slowly add the wet and dry ingredients together, if the mixture becomes too thick or thin a tablespoon of milk can be added at a time to thin it out or add flour to make it thicker.
4. Add the chocolate chips into the batter and mix them through.
5. Heat a non-stick pan on medium-low heat and add a little oil.
6. Add the pancake mix to the pan two tablespoons at a time. This should be the perfect amount for one pancake. Let the mix sit in the pan until bubbles appear and then flip it onto the other side for another two minutes.
7. repeat until you have enough pancakes, or until the batch is finished.
8. Enjoy your pancakes! serve them with maple syrup, fresh fruit or chocolate sauce. Everybody has their own preferred way to eat one of the most favourite breakfast treats.