Are you dreaming of a Big Mac right now? Well, check out this recipe to find out how to replicate one of the chain's other famous sandwiches!
During this unusual, unprecedented time, all essential restaurants and fast-food chains have been forced to close, just like McDonald’s restaurants who have closed their doors in order to comply with containment measures put in place to combat COVID-19.
So while we wait for these restaurants and establishments to reopen, check out our recipe on how you can make one of McDonald’s lesser-known sandwiches at home: the McToast.
You will need:
- 2 hamburger buns
- 100g of cheddar cheese
- 4 thin slices of ham
- A few slices of pickle
- Olive oil
How to prepare:
- 1/ Place a slice of ham on your bun
- 2/ Add 3 slices of cheese and three sliced pickles
- 3/ Add the mustard to your bun and place on top
- 4/ The secret to this recipe is that bottom of the bun has to be face-up. Trust us on this one.
- 5/ Heat a little olive oil in your pan and brown your McToast by flipping it several times.
- 6/ It is ready when the bun is golden brown.
Will McDonald’s soon be ready to reopen?
In countries across Europe, McDonald’s is currently running tests so that they are able to resume activity and offer delivery services. According to the fast-food giant:
We are currently testing an operational guide in 15 restaurants in [France] with the intention of significantly improving health measures for our staff and customers at the drive-thru and for home delivery services.
In the meantime, we hope you enjoy this homemade McDonald’s McToast recipe!