Many people are looking to make homemade pastaor start a sourdough culture but thisbeer bread is the no-fail way to get your carb creativity flowing. Not to mention you probably already have all of the ingredients in your cupboard, which means there's no need to don a hazmat suit just to go to the supermarket.
Here's what you will need:
- 3 cups of flour
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder (unless using self-raising flour)
- 1 teaspoon of salt (unless using self-raising flour)
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 12 ounces of beer
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
And here's how to make it:
1. preheat your oven to about 190 C (375 F)
2. In a bowl, sift the dry ingredients
3. Mix in the beer and butter
4. Pour the mix into a greased bread pan
5. Bake for one hour and let cool for 15 minutes
There you go, it's the easiest bread recipe ever! Many recommend using a darker beer such as a lager or a brown ale but any beer will do the trick.