Check out these awesome food hacks that will make your life so much easier! Take a look at our photo galleries for ideas.
Food Hacks That Everyone Should Know About
1. Oatmeal: Freeze oatmeal in muffin tins so you can make ahead and have the perfect amount to cook fresh each morning.
2. Bell peppers: Check the bottom of bell peppers. Those with four bumps are female which are sweeter and better raw, whilst those with three bumps are male and better for cooking.
3. Chopsticks: Eat salad with chopsticks – much easier than with a fork!
4. Meat: Thaw meat safely by placing it in a mixing bowl and running room temperature water onto it.
5. Bread: Preserve bread slices by freezing it.
6. Mason jars: Make salads in mason jars – wet ingredients on the bottom and dry on the top. You can make ahead and they’ll stay fresh in the fridge for days.
7. BLT sandwiches: Criss-cross the bacon rashers for your BLT for a perfectly even sandwich every time!
8. Eggs: Check if your eggs are still good by putting them in a bowl of water. If they float – chuck them!
9. Pancake mix: Keep your empty ketchup bottles for pancake mix. You’ll be able to draw fun pancake designs with them!
10. Dental floss: Use unflavoured dental floss to cut soft foods like cakes or cheeses.
11. Herbs: Start a kitchen herb garden using an old egg-box.
12. Straw: Use a straw to remove strawberry stems.
13. Dry strawberries: Dry strawberries in the oven for a snack that tastes like sweets but is actually healthy!
14. Taco shells: Make your own crispy taco shells by baking tortillas.
15. Waffle maker: Invest in a waffle maker – you can use it for omelettes, bacon, toasties and so much more!