Man arrested on suspicion of Katie Price assault is re-bailed

The man arrested in connection with Katie Price’s assault has been re-bailed on Monday as investigators continue to look at the case.

On August 23rd, TV personality Katie Price was allegedly assaulted in her home in an ‘unprovoked’ attack, leaving her with injuries to the face. She confessed to The Sun:

I’ve got a big bruise, my face is all puffy, and I went to hospital. I’m still all dazed. I’m devastated. I ran away after being punched - I ran to Harvey’s house and have now done damage to my feet, which I previously injured.

Police soon arrested a 32-year-old man at the scene for suspicion of assault, theft, and coercive and controlling behaviour. The man was then released on bail until the 20th of September.

However, Essex Police have now confirmed that the suspect’s bail has been extended until later this week as police continue to investigate the case. A spokesperson revealed:

A 32-year-old man arrested following reports of an assault in Little Canfield on 23 August has been re-bailed until later this week.

Katie Price’s fiance defends himself against assault suspicions

Following Katie Price’s alleged assault, her fiance, 32-year-old Carl Woods, took to social media to defend himself against those who believed he was responsible:

I have remained quiet until now due to the investigation being carried out by the police however I have found it so difficult to keep quiet on social media due to speculation and shocking abuse that I have received.

He continued: ‘Anybody who thinks I hit Katie, you're completely delusional and have no idea of the reality of the situation. I have never and never would do anything to hurt Katie. The truth will be told.’

However, since defending himself online, Katie Price’s children Junior and Princess Andre have both unfollowed Woods, despite previously being a staple on his Instagram page.

Katie Price refutes break-up rumours

Price made her first public appearance since her alleged assault at the UK’s National Television Awards (NTA’s) with eldest son Harvey Price, after their documentary ‘Harvey and Me’ was nominated for the authored documentary category.

Soon after the outing, rumours swirled that Price was once again single. A guest at the awards ceremony had told The Sun that Katie was ‘telling people, ‘I’m single, I’ve dumped him’ and was clearly focused on moving on. They had been constantly rowing, and she said she’d had enough.’

The reality TV star and former glamour model quickly hit back at the claims on social media, stating that she and Carl Woods were still very much together:

It’s such a shame having such a good night these awful story’s about me coming out infact I never went out and said I’ve dumped Carl this is not true I was actually proud to be with my son Harvey I wish people would leave me a Carl alone.

But, despite statements, the couple, who have been engaged since April, has kept a low profile over social media and have yet to be spotted on each others’ pages.

Katie Price and fiance Carl jet to Turkey after Katie claims he had nothing to do with alleged assault Katie Price and fiance Carl jet to Turkey after Katie claims he had nothing to do with alleged assault