Sometimes having a cat can be challenging especially if they start to act strange then suddenly become sick. It can be very difficult for pet owners to know what's wrong therefore taking them to the vet is the best option. But first, all cat owners should be educated on the fundamental basics for understanding a cat's behaviour.
Understanding our pets and how they are feeling can be quite difficult especially if they are in pain. With these tips, you’ll be able to spot the signs so that you can act even quicker!
To prevent your cat from being unhappy, it is recommended that you pay close attention to its behaviour to see whether it is acting strange. Take a look at the below symptoms to understand what the best solution is for your cat.
1. Your cat's eating behaviour changed dramatically: If your cat's eating habits have dramatically changed then that means that they are sick. If this continues, you should take your cat to the vet right away.
2. Your cat is aggressive or refuses to be affectionate: If your cat seems distant and it won’t let you stroke it like usual then it means that something is definitely wrong. It could be because it’s in pain in the areas that you usually stroke it. You should try to find out which part of its body is causing the pain and you should contact your vet immediately.
3. Your cat isn’t climbing: Cats love to climb - if you notice that your cat isn’t climbing anymore then there could be a problem with its paws or joints. You’ll need to take it to the vet.
4. Your cat is much lazier than normal: When your cat sleeps all day, it doesn’t always mean that something is wrong. Look for changes in your cat’s attitude to know whether your cat is ill and needs special care.
5. Your cat has a strange expression: If your cat’s ears are down or its eyes are half-closed then your cat could be sick. The best solution is to schedule an appointment with your vet.