Blackheads often appear on the nose, chin and forehead when the pores of the skin are opened. Ohmymag reveals 10 natural ingredients to help you get rid of them for good.
How To Get Rid Of Blackheads Naturally
1. Aloe vera: Aloe vera has many antiseptic properities which help cleanse the skin and tightens the pores. You can use pure aloe vera gel by applying it directly on the T-zone areas (forehead, nose and chin), or by mixing it with other natural ingredients like orange or lemon.
2. Turmeric: In addition to being excellent for the body when eaten in cooking, turmeric is also a great ally for fighting blackheads. You can make a homemade mask using turmeric and almond oil. Leave it for about 30 minutes and it will help tighten your pores.
3. Oatmeal: Oatmeal is a natural exfoliator for tightening pores and eliminating blackheads. Simply mix one tablespoon of oatmeal with two tablespoons of mineral water and apply for 15 minutes to your face.
4. Lemon: The cleansing and purifying properties of lemon juice are particularly effective at eliminating blackheads. You can simply apply it directly to your face.
5. Olive oil: Olive oil contains hydroxytyrosol, a powerful antioxidant for eliminating blackheads. You can use pure olive oil by applying a few drops on your fingers and massaging it onto your forehead, nose, and chin. Leave the oil for about 20 minutes then rinse with clear water.
6. Jojoba oil: Jojoba oil is a very effective sebum regulator. Since excess sebum is often responsible for blackheads, jojoba oil can significantly reduce enlarged pores. Just apply a few drops of jojoba oil to the affected areas.
7. Honey: Antiseptic and soothing, honey has an absorbing power to rid you of the small impurities in the skin that are responsible for blackheads. Apply honey directly to your skin then leave for about 5 minutes before rinsing it with clean water.
8. Green clay: Green clay has purifying properties to fight against excess sebum. By eliminating oily skin, you reduce the risk of developing blackheads. Apply a green clay mask once a week.
9. Rosemary: Rosemary hydrosol is very purifying and balancing for the skin. Apply it every evening on properly cleansed skin.
10. Orange: Like lemon, orange has purifying properties. Collect orange peel, reduce to powder, and mix with a little water to make yourself your very own anti-blackhead lotion.